Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Thoughts on Nicolas Cage

I'm just going to come right out and say it: I fucking love Nicolas Cage. Don't get me wrong; he's not a great actor. In fact I'd go so far as to say he's a terrible actor. A shitty smoldering heap of wreckage of an actor. His performances in such gems as The Wicker Man and Con Air leave little doubt that he has about as much acting ability as the sebum from that zit I popped a few minutes ago. But nonetheless, I love to watch him, and here's why: He seems like he'd be a really nice guy to hang out with. When I watch his terrible puppet-shows that he tries to pass of as movies, I can't help but feel that there is some sincerity to the man behind the facade of acting talent to rival a deflated weather balloon. Watching him, to me, is similar to watching one's less-than-bright seven-year-old child make movies with the family camcorder. Sure what he produces is inexcusable refuse, but somehow it's endearing that he tried. I think something in me feels pity for him. Maybe he never wanted to act. Maybe he got sucked into this whole business somehow and now doesn't know his way out. I haven't read enough Wikipedia to know his story, and frankly I don't want to. I prefer to think of him as sort of this tragic hero who is stuck making terrible movies whether or not he wants to, and is maybe just trying to win his daughter back from some evil executive producers.

tl;dr
Nic Cage's movies suck, but the man's got heart, dammit.

6 comments:

  1. not a huge nick cage fan, but i see where youre coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha thats so true....you can hate his acting but you like him, he has that kind of charm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. his movies are getting progressively worse. last one i liked was national treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. before his films was better than now..but he's good actor,support

    ReplyDelete
  5. i didn't mind the sorceror's apprentice, probably the novelty that appealed to me more than the content though.

    http://underratedfilms.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorceror's apprentice wasn't a bad one.

    http://underratedfilms.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete